Event tech is something I am fascinated with. Well take a break and have a little fun learning a little bit of new trivia – here are 16 fun techy facts.
- 13,000+ hours of music are streamed on Pandora
- The very first camera required you to sit still for 8 hours to have your picture taken.
- Except for in Ireland, windmills always turn anti-clockwise.
- Thomas Edison patented almost 1,300 inventions in his lifetime.
- The technology contained in a single game boy unit in 2000 exceeds all the computing power used to put the first man on moon in 1969.
- According to Columbia Journalism Review, in 2006 alone, the world produced 161 Exabyte of digital information. If you included every book ever written in the history of mankind, the amount of written information is nowhere near161 Exabyte. In fact 161 Exabyte is 3 million times the amount of written information in all the books worldwide.
- The oil jewelers use to lubricate clocks/watches costs about $3,000 a gallon.
- The first Apple II hard drive had a capacity of only 5 megabytes.
- It would take 20 new mid-size cars to generate the same amount of pollution that a mid-size 1960’s car did.
- A small airplane is able to fly backwards.
- A toaster uses almost half as much energy as a full-sized oven.
- Surgeons who grew up playing video games make 37% fewer mistakes.
- 695,000+ Facebook status updates are made daily.
- 15 out of 17 industry sectors in the U.S. have more data per company than the Library of Congress, which has 235 Terabytes.
- Perfected by Chris Adams, the Gibson’s Robot Self-tuning Guitar contains built-in microprocessors that are capable of tuning the strings to the correct pitch.
- In the near future Virgin Galactic plans to send people up to space. $200,000 could guarantee you a trip to space. Richard Branson and his group are in the process of building an aircraft that could carry 6 passengers to space to enjoy about a one hour trip.
Drop me a line at www.petebooth.com if you have more!